Session 1 | 9:00am – 10:15am
Optimizing your Repository (Part II) “Operations Optimization”
This session strives to maintain a cohesive link between Operations and Programming functions. It will include tips on keeping a GDT / COBOL system as a whole in order to operate at a peak performance and provide both operations and programming the information they need when issues or concerns arise.
- Log File Analysis
- GDT Console / FSYS01 training and discussion of enhancements
- Console Manager
- Reviewing the JOR
- Understanding the key GDT system files
- Understanding the key GDT processes (FILESHARE, TCS) and what to do and look for when there is a failure.
Session 2 | 10:45am – 12:00pm
GDT AutoPilot (AuPi) – Demonstration
GDT AutoPilot provides a great opportunity for GDT users to effectively schedule and manage their batch processing. It’s easy to use User Interface and ability to import objects for customers using C2O makes this tool a very attractive option to scheduling.
- History of the product
- The setup
- AuPi Graphical User Interface
- The AuPi Job Agenda (SSL)
- Launching and monitoring
Session 3 | 1:30pm – 3:00pm
Small Programs Doing Big Things! (The power of COBOL programs)
The InfoSol Team will demonstrate some very interesting small programs that can provide some big results.
- DIV1099 – watch for existence of files and execute associated tasks when found
- Calling a Web Service via a TPR
- TstSRT04 – the story of a good friend
- The “Talking” program
Session 4 | 3:30pm – 5:00pm
GDT Roadmap / Micro Focus Roadmap
A look into the future for GDT and Micro Focus.
- GDT Data Encryption
- GDT V6.0 – GDT captures job information and writes to Database Tables
- iMac / iPhone Socket Programming (to talk to thin client server)
- Micro Focus Visual COBOL and updates from the 2013 Micro Focus Developer’s Conference